We always want to look our best. Some people want their jaws to be more refined, others just want to appear youthful. Some people opt for cosmetic procedures, such as Botox injections or a facelift. However, many beauty aestheticians say that you can achieve a Botox-like result simply by doing facial exercise. There’s even a popular book about it written by Catherine Pez. And while a lot of people are wondering if the method actually works, a study conducted by Northwestern University suggested that facial exercise at least a few times a week actually help middle-aged women appear more youthful. Other benefits include strengthening the muscles in your face, increases blood circulation, releases any tension in the face and neck, and firms the facial skin.
Exercising the forehead and eyes
- The V is a facial exercise known to be good for drooping eyelids and puffiness. It is said to be an alternative to Botox. All you have to do is press both your middle fingers together at the inner corner of your eyebrows, then apply pressure to the outer corners of the eyebrows using your index fingers. While doing that, look at the ceiling and raise your lower eyelids upwards to make a strong squint, and then relax. Repeat this movement for around six times.
- Pulling on your forehead with your index finger can help smooth lines on your forehead. It is also said to be an alternative to Botox. The first step is to put your index fingers just above each of your eyes, then pull down on your eyes while trying to raise your eyebrows. Repeat the steps ten times to help firm your forehead.
- The flirty eyes workout is good for deep eye hollows and drooping eyebrows. It has a similar result to an eyebrow lift. Place your index finger under each eye pointing towards the nose. Then, hide your teeth and tease the top lip and bottom lip away from each other. Gaze at the ceiling while fluttering the upper eyelids for 30 seconds.
Exercising the mouth
- Smooth smile line workout is perfect for cheek lines and sagging skin. The first thing you want to do is hide your teeth with the lips and make an ‘O’ shape with your mouth. Then, smile widely while keeping the teeth hidden. Repeat the steps six times.
- Smiling is one of the simplest ways to firm up your smile. Begin the workout by stretching the corner of your mouth while your lips still together (smile). After that, smile as widely as you can by displaying your teeth. Then, slowly relax your mouth. Hold every position for ten seconds.
- A facelift exercise works the muscles around your upper lip to prevent sagging. Open your mouth slightly and flare your nostrils. You need to wrinkle up your nose as far as possible and draw the upper lips as high as you can. Hold the position for ten seconds. Then, leave your mouth slightly open and place one finger (index finger) under your eyes on the cheekbone. Curl your upper lip upward and keep your finger on your face. Hold it for ten seconds.
Our last tips are to always make sure you do these facial workouts in the correct way, here are some things you should remember.
- Perform the exercise lying down for a more effective result
- Do not pull the skin aggressively
- Wash your hands before doing the workout to ensure your hands are clean before touching your face.